Details of Dhauladhar Round Trek To Minkiani Pass
Route : Mcleodganj - Bal - Kareri Village - Reyoti - Kareri Lake - Minkiani Pass - Chandrala Dhaar - Mcleodganj
Duration : 6 Nights / 7 Days
This trek is a very popular passage for the locals to cross over into Chamba Valley.
Trek type: Moderate
Baleni Pass, also known as Minkiani Pass, situated at an altitude of 3730m from sea level, is at the base of the Dhauladhar Range, between Chamba and Kangra District of Himachal Pradesh. The pass is an ideal base for trekking. The route from Chamba to Kangra is through the Baleni Pass.
Day 1: Trek to Bal / Guna Devi Temple (2600m)
Trek from Mcleodganj to Naddi village. A relatively easy walk with a slight uphill ascent. From Naddi, we trek further to Bal. Bal is a beautiful village situated on the foothills of Dhauladhar Mountain Range. Here we visit Guna Devi Temple. Overnight stay in Bal campsite.
Day 2: Trek to Kareri Village (2200m)
Trek to Kareri village. The trail goes through pine forests and crosses several villages on the way. Kareri village is a Gaddi tribal village with the natrual beauty of the spectacular mountains. Overnight stay in Harnala campsite.
Day 3: Trek to Reyoti (2800m)
Trek to Reyoti campsite which is 5 hours uphill trek, through rhododendron and cedar trees. Overnight stay in Reyoti campsite.
Day 4: Trek to Kareri Lake (3200m)
A gradual climb along Kareri stream passing through dense forests which will lead to Kareri Lake. Kareri Lake is a shallow fresh water lake surrounded by green meadows, oak and pine trees. Overlooking the lake is a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and Shakti perched on a hilltop. Overnight stay in Kareri Lake campsite.
Day 5: Trek to Minkiani Pass (4250m)
This is a challenging day as we will climb Gharat Nali. It's a steep climb to the pass, ascending further through the rocks and snow slopes. The panoramic view of Kangra Valley and Pir Panjal ranges is breathtaking. Descend to Kareri Lake. Overnight stay in Kareri Lake campsite.
Day 6: Trek to Chandrala Dhaar (2900m)
One of the most beautiful trekking days as during the trek you will see the views of the snow-capped mountains as well as Kangra Valley. Overnight stay in Chandrala Dhaar campsite.
Day 7: Trek to Kannaul Village / Drive to Mcleodganj
Trek for 2-3 hours to Kannaul village before arriving by the road and driving back to Mcleodganj.
Trek cost: 21500 Rs / person
- Full camping gear: tents, sleeping bags, matresses
- Group transportation by private vehicles
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- English speaking local guides
- All taxes
- Alpine quality sleeping bags resistant up to -10 degrees
- Trekking mats
- Doom tents: Quechua or American doom 2T/3T with ground sheets
- Extra yak wool blankets
- Walking poles
- Climbing rope, gaiters, ice axes, snow stags
- Veg / Non veg meals mixed in a continental style
- Hot / packed lunch
- Soups, drinks / water and snacks
- Travel insurance
- Alcohol / soft drinks
- Laundry and other services of a personal nature
- Tips to guides
PERSONAL ITEMS TO PACK:
- Backpack 35- 50 ltrs (Note that this will go on the horse. You are welcome to carry it on your back if you prefer)
- Hiking pants / trousers and shirts
- Good walking / hiking shoes
- Flash light with extra batteries
- Suntan lotion and toiletries
- Water bottle
- Warm jacket / pullover
- Warm gloves
- Warm socks - 4 pairs
- Prescribed medication (if required)